This is the most common duty system.
- Firefighters work 2 days, 2 nights and have 4 rota days off
This system is dependent on the station.
- Firefighters work one of two shift patterns
- 4 days on, 4 days off, or
- 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off
DAY CREWING CLOSE CALL
Firefighters work annualised hours so shift are managed locally.
- Hours of work are 8am to 5pm from station. After 5pm personnel live in accommodation located on the fire station site (usually in a separate accommodation block)
DAY CREWING SPECIALIST
Currently only one station (Cleckheaton) operates this system.
- Firefighters work a 2-2-4 duty system at a fire station (as above) but are available on call from home on the nights of day shifts and days of night shifts, for Urban Search and Rescue.
FLEXI DUTY SYSTEM
This system is worked by Station Managers and above, and the Fire Investigation team.
- Personnel work a 5 week rota with a mixture of 8 hour shifts, 24 hours shifts and rota days over 7 days